Hi all! As you may have read in my previous post, I am making some new additions to my wardrobe this year. Today a little update on how it’s going so far.
Part of my closet purge / abandoning WIPS is also using up fabric that has been laying around for a long time. One of those fabrics is this adorable puffin fabric! It was an end-of-bolt piece and while I did have some plans for it, it was just too small.
I did have enough for a front and back panel of another Laundry Day Tee, like the Christmas one I made before only T-shirt length. I cut the sleeves and cowl out of plain black jersey.
It’s such a cute top now! I will wear these with some dark blue jeans. I really like this length on me too. Apologies for the big crease down the center, I did iron it after!
At the same time I quickly cut and stitched a dress version of the same Laundry Day tee, only with a scooped neckline.
I scooped out the neckline quite a bit, and finished it with a 4cm strip cut on the bias and sewn with quite a bit of tension on the strip. I find it is the only way to prevent a gaping neckline on a big bust such as mine.
Topstitch detail, done with an Organ Super Stretch needle!
I also ordered some new labels because I wanted something different than a white one. I ordered these again from Cotton Trends, these are the cotton labels. I’m not too sure what to think of them.
They sure do look cute!
That’s it again for this week, thank you so much for reading!