Hi everyone! Thanks again for joining me, today I will be talking about some “loose threads” AKA projects I did during the past couple of months that I either did not photograph or are too simple to deserve their own posts. Below are some projects from April – June 2019.
On June 10th there was a large fabric market in Leiden and I didn’t plan on getting this much fabric but there were some great deals I could not pass up! I did only buy fabrics with a plan in mind though, to prevent them from sitting in my fabric bins for months and months. This is what I got:
- Denim blue softshell fabric for a jacket;
- Avocado jersey for a sleeveless summer dress;
- Plaid fabric for a 50s style plaid skirt;
- Jersey with nordic print for a cardigan;
- Thin jersey with a batik-like print for a summer cardigan;
- Regular old plain black T-shirt fabric for some camisoles;
- Red knit for a winter cardigan
My Stepmum commissioned a copy of a silk dress she owns that is too delicate for daily wear. She was looking for a garden / lounge style dress that can take a wash, so we settled on double gauze in this gorgeous army green!
I hand-stitched the neck and arm binding down because double gauze is one terrible fabric to work with! The texture and weave make it very hard to sew a straight line without the fabric curling up. In the end she was very happy though! It’s a perfect dress for the heat waves we’ve had in June so far…
And finally an overview of everything I made in Q2!
- Green Floral Wrap Dress [KM2018-12 Dress 9]
- Sloth Skirt – [KM2019-03 Skirt 103]
- Tulip dress [Sew Simple Grace dress]
- Holland Skirt [Own pattern]
- Sloth cowl neck top [Own pattern]
- Mushroom top [Own pattern]
That is all for the second quarter of 2019! Overall I feel like I have been very productive. How has your second quarter been sewing-wise?