I picked up some really cute fabric from a sewing supplies store closing down back in December. The original plan was to combine it with a plain pink fabric and make a dress, but I couldn’t find the same colour of pink. So I decided to make a T-shirt / tunic instead because I was really looking forward to wearing this fabric.
I used my base pattern for this. cropped to the low hip instead of mid-knee. I omitted the back princess seam, turning the darts away to the side seam. I also cut the entire pattern without seam allowance because the pattern is meant for non-stretchy fabric. I did add hem allowance of 3cm on all hems including the sleeve.
I also cut some strips on the bias for the neckline.
All pieces are ready to go!
Princess seams first, then the shoulder and side seams.
Stitched the side seams of the sleeves and the center back seam of the neck binding.
Sleeves and neckline inserted. I fitted it at this point and it was pretty much perfect. I love the flare it has!
Gotta be honest here – the neckline is pretty messy. I cut it with 1 cm seam allowance but the serger cuts off 1.5 cm, so it is very wonky in some places as I tried to eyeball the band with. The neck was also pretty high for my taste. I let it be for now and focused on the hems.
A 1.5cm double hem for the hip. I actually basted it this time!
Stitching it with twin needles. I didn’t use a walking foot as the hem really wasn’t that long. I also hemmed the sleeves with a double 1.5cm hem.
I decided to just go with the higher neck, so I also stitched down the seam allowance of the neck band down with twin needles.
That’s it for this week! Thanks so much for joining me again 🙂